To my loving wife forever and for always,
I promise from this moment on I shall, immediately upon noticing spaghetti or other tomato-esque stains on a shirt or other garment:
- Remove the garment from the sloppy offender immediately after the offending meal.
- Rinse the affected area with warm water and soap.
- If I am not imminently doing a load of appropriately colored laundry, apply stain remover to the soiled region (henceforth referred to as "The Stain")
- Regret not having protected the area with a bib.
I promise from this moment on I shall never:
- Attempt to convince myself or others detergent alone will handle The Stain.
- Assume a five-year-old has suddenly become freakishly neat, consuming spaghetti while not precipitating The Stain.
- Treat The Stain as a UFO: skeptically, as if it is other-worldly, taken seriously only by fringe groups.
- Upon noticing The Stain: attempt to convince myself or others it will be more easily cleaned once it has dried, to then be picked off the garment with my finger nail.
This is my solemn promise to my love.
For others, this is a list of white cream sauces, barely noticeable when spilled on children's garments:
- Cheese & Cream Sauce
- Quick & Easy Alfredo Sauce
- Basil Cream Sauce (warning - this one does have flecks of green!)
- Bechamel Sauce